Clint Dye's Power Rankings - Leader Reporter
1. Lathrop (5-0) LW1 – Mules had no problems handling West Platte in a weather shortened contest last Friday. This Friday its Armageddon as they play rival Lawson in the KCI Conference Game of the Week. Been well over a decade since Lathrop won at Lawson.
2. Lawson (4-1) LW2 - Cardinals like the Mules handled their business with ease last Friday, defeating North Platte, 41-6. They host Lathrop this Friday and will be looking to avenge two losses from 2018.
3. Mid-Buchanan (4-1) – Went to Hamilton and emphatically defeated the Hornets last Friday, 35-0. This week they host East Buchanan in a rivalry tilt that has been highly entertaining the last few years. Two teams split their two meetings in 2018 with the Dragons winning the all-important District semi-final.
4. Hamilton (2-3) LW4 – Hornets laid an egg against Mid-Buchanan for their second loss in a row. Their head-to-head victory over East Buchanan keeps them above the Bulldogs for now. This week they host Plattsburg in a contest featuring two teams who have dropped their last two games.
5. East Buchanan (3-2) LW6 – It was a different coach facing the Bulldogs for Plattsburg again last week, but the result was the same as its been the past three years, East Buchanan leaving with a rivalry victory. This week they have a big-time showdown at Mid-Buchanan. Bulldogs won an overtime thriller in the regular season last year before falling to the Dragons in District play.
6. Plattsburg (3-2) LW5 – Penalties and turnovers plagued the Tigers last week during their loss at East Buchanan. Will look to right the ship this Friday at Hamilton. Tigers are one of two teams in the conference (North Platte) who have yet to defeat the Hornets since they joined the KCI in 2012.
7. West Platte (1-4) LW7 – Were blanked by Lathrop last week in a weather shortened contest. This week it’s make or break for the Blue Jays as the Tobacco Stick is on the line when they host rival North Platte.
8. North Platte (0-5) LW8 – Panthers fell to Lawson as expected last Friday. Their best chance for a regular season W comes this week when they hit the road to take on rival West Platte. Panthers have won three in a row in the rivalry.
Brett Adkison's Power Rankings - Leader Editor
1. Lathrop (5-0, 3-0 KCI. LW: 1) – The Mules scored seven touchdowns on seven rushes against West Platte before Mother Nature showed her mercy last week. The fate of the
2. Mid-Buchanan (4-1, 2-1 KCI. LW: 2) – The Dragons are 4-0 and outscored opponents 165-6 when they haven't played Lathrop.
3. Lawson (4-1, 3-0 KCI. LW: 3) – Lawson has rattled off four straight after that opening loss to Oak Grove.
4. Hamilton (2-3, 1-2 KCI. LW: 5) – The Hornets have three losses, but those came against opponents who are now a combined 14-1.
5. East Buchanan (3-2, 2-1 KCI. LW: 6) – Gained traction last week against Plattsburg. Mid-Buchanan used to be the little brother on the football field. Not so much any more. Friday's game will be a big rivalry battle.
6. Plattsburg (3-2, 1-2 KCI. LW: 4) – The schedule doesn't get any easier as the Tigers takes on Hamilton, Mid-Buchan and Lathrop in succession.
7. North Platte (0-5, 0-3 KCI. LW: 7) – See below
8. West Platte (1-4, 0-3 KCI. LW: 8) – This is a crazy week of KCI Conference football, but perhaps none will be crazier than the battle for the Tobacco Stick. A win here for either team will help them avoid the conference cellar. Don't be surprised if this turns our to be the best game of the week.
Looking for a specific blog post?