Clint Dye's Power Ranking – Leader Reporter
1. Lathrop (7-0) LW1 – Tell me if you heard this before, Mules easily handled their KCI Conference foe last week. Each week they prove without a shadow doubt that they are the bench mark in the KCI. Up next the 99th meeting between them and bitter rival Plattsburg.
2. Mid-Buchanan (6-1) LW2 – Dragons blanked a struggling Plattsburg team a week ago 42-0. This week they travel to play West Platte. Regular season finale against Lawson looms large to see who the second-best team in the KCI truly is.
3. Lawson (5-2) LW3 – Took care of business in what could have been a trap game against East Buchanan last week. This week will be another tough contest at home against Hamilton before a big-time showdown with Mid-Buchanan the following week.
4. Hamilton (4-3) LW4 – After losing two in a row the Hornets have rattled off back-to-back wins to get above .500 again. This week they have a stiff test hosting Lawson.
5. East Buchanan (3-4) LW5 – Lost back-to-back games in the regular season for the first time since 2016. Will look to right the ship this Friday when they travel to North Platte.
6. Plattsburg (3-4) LW6 – After opening the season 3-0 Tigers find themselves in a four-game skid currently. Offense is struggling to find the end zone having been held under 10 points in all four of their losses. Unfortunately for the Tigers, Lathrop comes calling this week in the 99th installment of the Seven Mile Rivalry.
7. North Platte (1-6) LW7 – Panthers moral victory last week was avoiding a shutout to Lathrop. This week they host an East Buchanan team trying to get back on track. Panthers will need to play their best game to pull off the upset.
8. West Platte (1-6) LW8 – Gave a Hamilton a fight early on last week just couldn’t complete the upset. Next up a Mid-Buchanan team zeroing in on getting into post season form.
Brett Adkison's Power Rankings – Leader Editor
1. Lathrop (7-0, 5-0 KCI. Previously: 1) – A win this week gives the Mules a share of the KCI Conference championship, while two wins would give them the outright conference championship for the second year in a row.
2. Mid-Buchanan (6-1, 4-1 KCI. Previously: 3) – The Dragons now have four shutouts on the season and are allowing less than two points per game when they're not facing Lathrop. That Week 9 tilt against Lawson looms as perhaps the most interesting KCI match-up of the entire season.
3. Lawson (5-2, 4-1 KCI. Previously: 2) – The Cardinals are sitting fourth in the Missouri Class 2, District 8 standings and will look to lock up a home game with solid showings the next two weeks.
4. Hamilton (4-3, 3-2 KCI. Previously: 4) – Hamilton will need to outpace East Buchanan the last two weeks to wrap up the two spot in Class 1, District 7 standings.
5. East Buchanan (3-4, 2-3 KCI. Previously: 5) – Similarly, the Bulldogs are fourth in the C1D7 standings. By virtue of the win against Plattsburg, they'd bump to three, but a win over North Platte this week would expand the cushion.
6. Plattsburg (3-4, 1-4 KCI. Previously: 6) – The Tigers face Lathrop in their 99th rivalry game this week, putting a cap on a hellacious five-week stretch. But more importantly, Plattsburg will need a good showing against West Platte the final week to lock down a home game in the first round.
7. North Platte (1-6, 1-4 KCI. Previously: 7) – Will have a chance to make splash in the KCI Conference with games against East Buchanan and Penney coming up.
8. West Platte (1-6, 0-5 KCI. Previously: 8) – After a season-opening victory, West Platte has dropped their last six. Plattsburg in Week 9 will be an important battle in race for a home game.