KCI Conference Standings
1, Lathrop............6-0 (8-0)
2. Mid-Buch........5-1 (7-1)
3. Lawson............5-1 (6-2)
4. Hamilton..........3-3 (4-4)
5. East Buch........2-4 (3-5)
6. N. Platte..........2-4 (2-6)
7. Plattsburg........1-5 (3-5)
8. W. Platte..........0-6 (1-7)
A. Lathrop wins the conference outright with a win against East Buchanan
B. Lathrop and Mid-Buchanan share the title if Lathrop loses and Mid-Buchanan wins against Lawson
C. Lathrop and Lawson share the title if Lathrop loses and Lawson wins against Mid-Buchanan
Class 2, District 8 Standings
1. Maryville............54.65 points (6-1)
2. Lathrop...............48.27 points (8-0)
3. Lawson...............39.38 points (6-2)
4. Richmond...........38.19 points (5-3)
5. Lexington...........37.18 points (5-3)
6. Brookfield..........23.45 points (2-6)
7. Trenton..............18.96 points (1-7)
8. Christian............13.15 points (0-6)
Important Head-to-Head Jumps
• Lathrop defeated Lawson in regular season
• Richmond and Lexington play tonight
• Lexington defeated Trenton in the regular season
Class 1, District 7 Standings
1. Mid-Buchanan........44.57 points (7-1)
2. Hamilton................33.09 points (4-4)
3. Plattsburg...............32.07 points (3-5)
4. East Buchanan.......28.94 points (3-5)
5. North Platte...........24.75 points (2-6)
6. West Platte.............20.96 points (1-7)
7. Maysville...............19.48 points (1-7)
8. Polo.......................14.14 points (0-8)
Important Head-to-Head Jumps
• Hamilton beat Plattsburg
• East Buchanan beat Plattsburg
• North Platte beat East Buchanan
• Plattsburg beat North Platte
• North Platte beat West Platte
• Maysville beat Polo
Leader Editor Brett Adkison's KCI Power Rankings
1. Lathrop, 8-0, LW: 1 – Lathrop's last KCI Conference loss came more than two years ago, on the road, against East Buchanan, 34-26.
2. Mid-Buchanan, 7-1, LW: 2 – If you throw out the Lathrop game, the Dragons have allowed just 12 points in seven games this year.
3. Lawson, 6-2, LW: 3 – Tonight's game against Mid-Buchanan will go a long way in determining whether Lawson lands on the Maryville or Lathrop side of the bracket.
4. Hamilton, 4-4, LW: 4 – A win against North Platte would solidify their spot at #2 in the district standings.
5. North Platte, 2-6, LW: 7 – Two wins in the last three weeks gives the Panthers some momentum in a midfield that feels like its stuck in neutral.
6. East Buchanan, 3-5, LW: 5 – Bouncing back this from the North Platte loss could be difficult as they welcome state-ranked Lathrop to town.
7. Plattsburg, 3-5, LW: 6 – The Tigers have lost six straight games but the next weeks will define the success of this program in the first year under Coach Rosenbaum.
8. West Platte, 1-7, LW: 8 – West Platte will have a chance to stop a seven-game skid against Plattsburg.
Leader Reporter Clint Dye's KCI Conference Power Rankings
1. Lathrop (8-0) LW1 – Another week another KCI Conference victory, this time it was over the rival Plattsburg Tigers. This week they can secure back-to-back outright KCI Conference Titles with a victory over a struggling East Buchanan team. Mules have pretty much wrapped up the number two seed in the Missouri Class 2 District 8 tournament as they trail Maryville by 6 points.
2. Mid-Buchanan (7-1) LW2 – No chance of a let down or look past game last week as the Dragons easily dispatched West Platte and picked up their second shut out in a row. Spotlight shines bright on Faucett this week as the Dragons host Lawson in the KCI Conference Game of the Week. Dragons sit comfortably at the top of the Missouri Class 1 District 7 standings.
3. Lawson (6-2) LW3 – Cardinals handled Hamilton a week ago, now turn their focus to Mid-Buchanan. Biggest game within the KCI this Friday will prove who the second-best team in the conference is behind Lathrop. Cardinals currently sit third in the Missouri Class 2 District 8 standings behind Maryville and Lathrop.
4. Hamilton (4-4) LW4 – Hornets fell to Lawson last week; their four losses were to teams with a total of 4 losses between them. This week is a big game against a North Platte team playing their best football. Hornets currently sit second in the Missouri Class 1 District 7 standings just ahead of Plattsburg, East Buchanan and North Platte.
5. North Platte (2-6) LW7 – Winners of two of their last three games the Panthers make a big jump over East Buchanan, who they defeated last week and Plattsburg who have lost five in a row. Panthers currently sit at the number five seed in the Missouri Class 1 District 7 standings, but a lot can change in that District’s middle ground after this final week.
6. East Buchanan (3-5) LW5 – Bulldogs are in unchartered territory as they suffered their third loss in a row last week. No favors in scheduling as this week they host the Lathrop Mules. Currently sitting at number four in the Missouri Class 1 District 7 standings, their fate on where they play in the first round of Districts may be out of their hands.
7. Plattsburg (3-5) LW6 – Tigers were shutout for the second week in a row last week against Lathrop. Will look to end five game skid this Friday at home against West Platte. Currently sitting at number three in the Missouri Class 1 District 7 standings, Tigers could still end up hosting a District despite the long losing streak.
8. West Platte (1-7) LW8 – Fell to Mid-Buchanan last week, will look to play spoiler when it comes to Plattsburg possibly getting a home district game as they travel to play the Tigers this week. Blue Jays currently sit at the six spot in the Missouri Class 1 District 7 standings.