KCI Conference Standings
1. Lathrop 1-0 (3-0)
1. Plattsburg 1-0 (3-0)
1. Lawson 1-0 (2-1)
1. Hamilton 1-0 (2-1)
5.Mid-Buch 0-1 (2-1)
5. East Buch 0-1 (1-2)
5. W. Platte 0-1 (1-2)
5. N. Platte 0-1 (0-3)
Hamilton @ Lathrop
Lawson @ Plattsburg
East Buchanan @ West Platte
Mid-Buchanan @ North Platte
Clint Dye's KCI Conference Power Rankings • Leader Sports Reporter
1. Lathrop (3-0) LW1 – The Mules emphatically showed they are still the standard bearer within the KCI Conference after soundly defeating a tough Mid-Buchanan team, 49-0. Now they turn their attention to Homecoming against rival Hamilton who is coming off a big win over East Buchanan.
2. Lawson (2-1) LW3 – After scoring a total of 23 points in the first two games the Cardinals exploded last week in their KCI opener by putting up 40 on West Platte. This week they travel to Plattsburg in the KCI Conference Game of the Week.
3. Mid-Buchanan (2-1) LW2 – Dragons took one on the chin last week against Lathrop, need to put it behind them this week when they host North Platte for Mid-Buchanan’s Homecoming. After hosting North Platte, they have three consecutive weeks against Hamilton, East Buchanan and Plattsburg for their toughest stretch of the season.
4. Plattsburg (3-0) LW4 – Tigers took care of business at North Platte a week ago to start 3-0 for the first time since 2007. Big time test this Friday for Coach Rosenbaum’s squad as they host Lawson in their toughest contest of the season so far. History hasn’t been kind in this series for Plattsburg, closing in on two decades since they last beat Lawson.
5. Hamilton (2-1) LW6 – Hornets bounced back from their week two loss to Gallatin with a convincing win over rival East Buchanan. Schedule does them now favors as they travel to play Lathrop during the Mules Homecoming this Friday. Mules have won two in a row in the rivalry.
6. East Buchanan (1-2) LW5 – Offense struggled in their rivalry loss against Hamilton last week. Will look to find their mojo this week as they travel to play West Platte. Rivalry contest with Plattsburg looms large the following week.
7. West Platte (1-2) LW7 – Last week they ran into a Lawson team looking to explode offensively and fell to the Cardinals, 40-14. This week they host an East Buchanan team struggling on offense, Blue Jays looking to pull off the big upset.
8. North Platte (0-3) LW8 – Looking for their first win of 2019 after falling to Plattsburg, 42-21. This week they travel to play a Mid-Buchanan team looking to rebound after a humbling loss to Lathrop. Could be a long night for the Panthers.
Brett Adkison's KCI Conference Power Rankings • Leader Editor
1. Lathrop (3-0, 1-0 KCI) Previously: 1 – The Mules handled Mid-Buchanan's dynamic offense and stingy defense to clear the first hurdle of the season.
2. Mid-Buchanan (2-1, 0-1 KCI) Previously: 2 – After a pair of shutouts in their first two games, a tough loss to a Class 2 finalist doesn't knock Mid-Buchanan down too far.
3. Lawson (2-1, 1-0 KCI) Previously: 3 – The Cardinals look to keep momentum against Plattsburg this week in what has to be the most intriguing KCI match-up of the week.
4. Plattsburg (3-0, 1-0 KCI) Previously: 5 – It's been a decade or more since the Tigers started the season 3-0, but 4-0 would turn the KCI Conference pecking order on its head.
5. Hamilton (2-1, 1-0 KCI) Previously: 4 – Bounced back from that Gallatin loss to win a separation game over East Buchanan.
6. East Buchanan (1-2, 0-1 KCI) Previously: 6 – After leaving Hamilton empty handed, the Bulldogs are set to run a telling three-week stretch: at West Platte, vs. Plattsburg, at Mid-Buchanan.
7. North Platte (0-3, 0-1 KCI) Previously: 7 – The Panthers might be winless this season, but their first three opponents are a combined 8-1 right now.
8. West Platte (1-2, 0-1 KCI) Previously: 8 – After a big loss to Lawson, the Bluejays can make a splash this week if they can score a win against East Buchanan.
Class 1, District 7 Standings
Plattsburg............... 55 points
Mid-Buchanan....... 41 points
Hamilton................ 38.33 points
East Buchanan....... 31.33 points
West Platte............ 30.67 points
North Platte........... 15.33 points
Polo....................... 15.33 points
Maysville.............. 12 points
Class 2, District 8 Standings
Maryville............ 53.17 points
Lathrop............... 48 points
Lexington........... 39.33 points
Lawson............... 37 points
Richmond........... 33 points
Brookfield.......... 27.67 points
Trenton.............. 15.33 points
STJ Christian..... 7 points